In our lives we all need a sense of reason. I preach on my blog posts about how you cannot move forward in life without actively seeking out your goals, but sometimes that’s really difficult. When your feet feel like they’re stuck in the mud, we all need something to help us up, and that boost of inspiration could be exactly what you need to get your life moving in the right direction. Here are a few quotes that sparked something in me to help fuel my path in life, or realize that uncertainty is okay. (A few awesome quotes are from my new reads, Tuesdays with Morrie. This book is a SCORE).
- “If you do nothing unexpected, nothing unexpected happens.” -Fay Weldon
- “It’s messing people up, this social pressure to ‘find your passion’ and ‘know what you want to do’. It’s perfectly fine to just live your moments fully, and marvel as many small and large passions, many small and large purposes enter and leave your life. For many people there is no realization, no bliss to follow, no discovery of your life’s purpose. This isn’t sad, it’s just the way things are. Stop trying to find the forest and just enjoy the trees.” -Sally Coulter
- “Feel the fear, and do it anyway.” -Susan Jeffers
- “So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they’re busy doing things they think are important. This is because they’re chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.” -Mitch Albom, Tuesdays With Morrie
- “Accept who you are; and revel in it.” -Mitch Albom, Tuesdays With Morrie
- “There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered.” -Nelson Mandela